Monday, April 1, 2013

Scrumptious Chocolate Easter Cake

I've been seriously craving chocolate cake for almost 2 months.  I needed a reason to make one, so I've been patiently waiting for Easter.  And here it is...FINALLY...my scrumptious chocolate Easter cake!  It was by far the best one I've ever made!

(original recipe found at delectabledeliciousness)


Scrumptious Chocolate Cake

1/3/4 C Flour
2 C Sugar
3/4 Cocoa Powder
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1 C Buttermilk
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 C Freshly Brewed Coffee

1 - Preheat oven 350
- Butter & flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans

2 - Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.  Set aside

3 - Mix buttermilk, oil, eggs, & vanilla
- Slowly add dry ingredients
- Slowly add coffee just until combined

4 - Bake 35-40 mins

Chocolate Frosting

1 C Butter (softened)
3 C Powder Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
1 TB Vanilla
3 TB Milk

- Cream butter until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients (add more powdered sugar for thicker & more milk for thinner)


So, are you wondering what this chocolate cake has to do with Easter?  Haha, me too!  Hmm...well, besides my cravings for a chocolate cake, and Easter being the nearest approaching holiday...We did make a big meal & had family over, so it seemed like the perfect dessert.  From now on, I think it will be my traditional Easter cake.  Besides, every celebration needs a cake, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment