Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Thank You Isn't Big Enough



This is the best (and cutest) thank you I can give!


Although his arms are stretched pretty far, they are just a small part of the big BIG thank you I need to give.  Since we found in April that my cancer returned, my family has been beyond blessed with support.  From meals to donations, gifts & visits, calls, cards, emails, flowers, texts, prayers, prayers & more prayers...our home has been overflowing with love.  It's simply overwhelming.  People from my past, whom I thought had forgotten all about me, have reached out.  New friends have stepped forward in unbelievable ways.  Old friends have been amazingly persistent, when I've been horrible about returning calls & emails.  I've gotten support from people I don't know, whom I've never met!  My family has been here.  Every single one of them.  That means everything.  I've laughed, cried, and prayed with them.  They are my whole world.  Even though some days are hard, you all make them easier and for that I am so grateful.  Thank you, thank you!

I know God has a plan for me, and that's what I'm holding on to.  He has an amazing, perfect story for my life.  I can't understand it, but I have to trust in His plan, His timing, His love.  It's bigger than anything else.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  - Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Update on my health: I've completed 3 rounds of chemo.  On this coming Monday the 12th, I have a PET scan.  I find out those results on Wednesday.  This will tell us how well the chemo is working and what the next step is.  Please continue to pray for my healing and strength.

I also want to ask for prayers for 2 other people fighting cancer...

Hillary, 17 yrs old, fighting Hodgkins Lymphoma.  She starts chemo on Monday, please pray for strength for her.  Pray that she feels God's presence, and is comforted by the blanket of prayers wrapped around her as she begins her battle. 
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hillarysamo

Collin, 5 yrs old, diagnosed with Neuroblastoma.  He just went home after having a bone marrow transplant.  Please pray that his battle has been won and his cancer never returns.
www.helpcollin.com

Pray that their families, along with my own, hold strong in their faith and never forget the power of God's love.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray!!! Prayers were answered when Torri's scan showed no cancer! She is in remission!! While her cancer is incurable, please continue to pray she stays in remission forever!! :)

    ReplyDelete