Monday, May 21, 2012

Adoption: Waiting and wearing adoption tees

It's been one month since we were activated with our adoption agency.  I've got to agree with Tom Petty, the waiting IS the hardest part.  The first week I was so excited, I think I jumped every time my phone rang...hoping it would be the adoption agency.  The second week I started to forget about the phone.  The third week was back to life as usual.  And now, it's been four weeks and I feel a lot more at peace!  I know we will be matched with our birth mom when the timing is right, so we will just keep living our life.  That's fairly easy for me to say since the weather has been beautiful and Willie (who is a feisty 18 mo old now) only wants to play outside in his pool or sandbox or mud.  So, we've got plenty to keep us occupied!

We finally got real pictures of our fundraiser shirts.  I'm not gonna lie...the fundraising is not going so well.  We might ask for donations of "things" for a fundraiser garage sale later in the summer...as I know plenty of people don't have extra money, but maybe you have extra things! :) 

I'm also continuing the search for grants.  As I've said before, this is completely frustrating!!  I finally found a few credible organizations and began the grant application process, only to find out they only provide grants to families working with non-profit adoption agencies...which ours is not.  Blah.  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming....

Anyway, here's the shirts again!  If you would like to purchase one as a donation towards our adoption, just click on the shirt you like and it will take you to Etsy where you can buy one.  They are adult uni-sex tees and are $30.  Thank you to those of you who have already purchased a tee or made a donation.  You are the best!!









No comments:

Post a Comment