Friday, October 26, 2012

I'll take a pack of Pretzel Lights please

I thought these were cute...they resemble candy-corns.  I wanted to make a fun Halloweeny treat, so I gave it a try.


I didn't read the recipe, it's pretzels dipped in almond bark, right?  How hard can it be....

* I decided to use small pretzels, I thought they might be easier for Willie to eat.
* I also decided to change up the color scheme a bit (I can't remember what order the colors are on a candy corn)
* I used sparkly orange sugar that I found in the cupboard for the tip (who knows how old it is)
* I found out I hate, hate, melting almond bark and dipping pretzels in it...it doesn't work well with a 23 month old running around (I burnt the bark and started over twice)

This is what I ended up with:




Hmm...that doesn't look right.  Oh, I see, I made child-size candy cigarettes   Happy Halloween.




No comments:

Post a Comment